Win a hotel stay with the Science and Industry Museum
This September, Stephenson’s Rocket returns to Manchester for the first time in over 180 years.
Rocket was built to run on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, the world’s first inter-city passenger railway line. In 1829, Rocket won the Rainhill Trials and paved the way for the modern rail network that changed the world.
This is a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to see an iconic symbol return to the site of the world’s oldest surviving passenger railway, the terminus of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway which is now home to the Science and Industry Museum .
You can also win a goody bag of Rocket memorabilia.
Additional terms and conditions for entrants
1. Prize must be used before 28 April 2019. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
2. Hotel stay is subject to complimentary availability. There may be days when the Lowry Hotel are unable to accommodate your request, so please choose a selection of dates for the Lowry Hotel to check.
3. Lunch at the Science and Industry Museum includes two starters, two main courses, two desserts and two non-alcoholic drinks.
4. Entrants must be 18 or over.
5. Only one entry per person per 24 hours.
6. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
7. The competition is not open to Science Museum Group (SMG) employees.
8. The Science Museum Group cannot take any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction, including but not limited to any affecting postal services, internet servers or email systems, which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
9. This competition is open to UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands residents only.
10. The Science Museum Group will only keep personal information for as long as is necessary to contact the winner.
11. By entering the competition, entrants warrant that they have legal capacity to enter the competition and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. If the entrants cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so at any stage, the Science Museum Group reserves the right to select a new winner.
13. The Science Museum Group reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. Science Museum Group shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
15. The Science Museum reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any stage, including changing or substituting the prize.
Ends October 15, 2018.Official Rules
Share This Prize With Someone You Know Via: